Session will include A & P, types of wound debridement, indications and contraindications, techniques, tools, documentation, legal issues and policy development. Live hands-on practicum with skills performance check off. All texts, debridement instruments and supplies are included. Students receive documentation of competency in performing conservative sharp upon completion of this course.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
COURSE TIMES: 8:00 - 5:00 PM
- Describe anatomy and physiology of viable and non-viable tissues and structures
encountered in wound care.
- Recognize anatomical structures and types of tissue commonly seen in sharp
- Identify the different types of debridement and understand the indications and
contraindications of each.
- Recognize new technologies and products used in the debridement process.
- Identify tools used in the sharp debridement process.
- Discuss the appropriate terminology and documentation used in sharp debridement to
- Demonstrate sharp debridement techniques.
- Discuss legal implications and policy and procedures related to debridement.
Registration begins at 7:30 am.
Early Bird Registration Fee: $325 (Paid in full 30 days prior to seminar)
Regular Registration Fee: $375 COURSE TOPICS
Anatomy and Physiology
Non-viable tissue (devitalized)
Types of debridement
New technologies and products
Conservative Sharp Debridement
Documentation / Reimbursement
Legal Implications / Policy & Procedure
Practical Application of Sharp Debridement
Pain / Bleeding management
Sterile Field Preparation
Hands on Lab Practicum to learn techniques and develop skills